IP address = 10.44.xx.yy
username = a
password = a
1) Create cacti user on the Master machine of the one you want to monitor :
· Connect to HOST server
· Mysql –uXXXX -pXXXX
· GRANT SUPER ON *.* TO cactiuser@'mk-xx-1.uk.intranet' IDENTIFIED BY 'cactiuserxx';
· GRANT PROCESS ON *.* TO cactiuser@'mk-xx-1.uk.intranet' IDENTIFIED BY 'cactiuserxx';
· flush privileges;
In case of an Issue with the Firewall, do the following grant statement to allow access through the Firewall.
· GRANT PROCESS, SUPER ON *.* TO
'cactiuser'@'e1-xx.uk.intranet' IDENTIFIED BY BY 'cactiuserxx';
· flush privileges;
To enable Cacti graphing for a MYSQL database we first need to make sure that the Cacti server can connect to the HOST server
· Connect to CACTI server as your own user
· Mysql –h[host server] –ucactiuserxx -pcactiuserxx
If you can connect, continue to step 3, if you cannot, you probably have firewall issue. Solve this before moving on.
3) Adding new HOST server to Cacti – WEB frontend
· Go to "http://10.44.xx.xx/cacti/"
· Login as Admin
· On left menu – click 'devices'
· Top right – Click 'add'
· Fill in information :
o HOST TEMPLATE – use "teMySql Host
o All other fields leave as default.
o Bottom right – Click 'Create'
Creating graphs for HOST server – straight after step 3
· On Console tab
· Select Devices
· Click on relevant host name
· Change Host Template to be relevant OS with '/ mysql'
· Click Save
· Click – 'Create graphs for this HOST'
· This list all available items to graphs, click
o all of Graphs Templates
o all of Data Query, except
§ Memory Buffers
o External IP address in Data Query
· Change Select a graph type to in/Out Unicast Packets
· Click 'Create'
· You will need to add username and password for catctiuser for all monitored item, so cut and paste username and password in the form.
· Click on 'Graph trees' 'mysql' 'Add'
· Fill out form
o Tree Item Type – HOST
o HOST – <name of server>
o Graph template
· Click on 'create'
5) Check the graphs for New HOST server
· Click on 'Graphs'
· Click on New HOST server
· You should now be able to see the new HOST server graph. Please note that it takes around 5 minutes to poll.
· If after 5 minutes the grapsh are empty, refer back to systems team
PERCONA cacti plugins